There is not much that I don't want to do with 3 kids, ages 4, 2, 10 months. Shopping is one of them.
Tip 1: Make sure everyone has a place to sit.
It seems that Target is a frequent stop of mine. Mainly because the carts have a place for all three of mine to sit. I can strap them all down. HEB/Krogers can be done as well, but that involves a car cart and a baby bjorn, which gives a good workout, but infinitely harder. I prefer my Super Target.
In fact, my husband quipped the other day, "I'm going to judge my sanctification on if I have read my Bible more than you have been Target."
To which I replied, "I've been every day, how are you doing?" (It was one of those weeks).
Tip 2: I am not above incentives
My kids LOVE "special" drinks.
Little secret: In Houston, all size drinks at McDonalds are $1. (Sonic large drinks are $1 before 11, at least the one close to me). McDonalds is in the Target parking lot.
One large drink + 3 cute sippy cups = easy shopping at Target for $1.08
I buy one drink, divide it up and it really does keep them occupied during the trip.
Drinks can also be used as an incentive for after the trip.
Tip 3: Repeat the mantra or count the items on small trips.
Have the kids repeat the mantra. On days when we are there for a very few things, we repeat, "bread. eggs. milk." We then count the 3 things as we go. It keeps me focused, the kids focused and it lets every one else know that I don't want to be there with 3 kids any more than they want me there with 3 kids.
"Pullups" or "diapers" is a frequent mantra when I forget to use amazon mom.
(Another WFMW tip: amazon mom is about the same price and delivers straight to your door. If you order $25 in baby supplies, you get free Amazon prime membership for 2 months. I am out to Sept. with free shipping. I then buy all out of state gifts from amazon and have them shipped for free.)
Tip 4: Candy necklaces
It's a slow process to eat the little rings off one by one.
That's all for now. Happy Shopping!



2 comments:
I "only" have 2 kids under 6, and shopping Target with both of them is torture, so great job coming up with tips that work for you. (I once tried the big cart with two seats and it was So Hard To Steer, I don't know how you do it!)
You can do it!
Post a Comment