It's just been one of those days...you know the ones where all you can do is laugh. About 4 am I heard the not so sweet pitter patter of little girl feet. They went down the hall to the potty and back. I thought victory, but am not so sure that she ever went back to sleep. By 6:20ish I heard, "Grayson, it's time to get up." In whose world? Not in mine. It's time to sleep....and so the day started.
With that little sleep, you can only imagine how loving my kids were to one another and how much crying I heard. It was a long morning. Finally it was time to pack up for swim lessons, ahhhh relief. Only the car wouldn't start. Stink. So, we called roadside assistance and waited. More screaming ensued as we were supposed to meet up for a play date.
We finally headed out to meet our friends. Halfway there we got a call that her pool was closed. Of course it was. I laughed. Change of plans, we headed to her mom's house. The Smith clan piled out and headed for the pool. Five minutes later while I was with Hope in the bathroom, Grayson tripped on a piece of glass and sliced his foot open. Wide open. More screaming. I left the girls screaming with Liz and Grayson and I headed to the new Texas Children's ER.
Fantastic ER. Six stitches later, we are home. Is it bed time yet?
3 comments:
Oh, Jen. I can only hope that whatever meds they gave him for pain will keep him asleep for awhile tonight so you can all rest! Glad to hear the TX Children's ER is good. Did I tell you my friend Debbie is in charge of the outpatient clinic over there? IF you ever find yourself there again, and need someone with "pull"...ask for Deborah Lee! Good luck w/your patient (and your patience!) while he's on the mend.
SO sorry! His foot looks awful! Glad you had a friend to watch the girls for you though! Get some rest tonight if possible!
Bless your heart! I hope tomorrow is better!!! Poor Grayson!!! Life is never dull with 3, is it?
Post a Comment