Tip 1: Deodorant
I live in Houston and it's been 100 degrees since sometime in May. To say it's hot is an understatement. I also have 3 small ones that are on the go. I get sweaty a lot during the day.
Therefore, I keep deodorant in the console of my car.
A friend of mine asked if it had ever melted. Not yet and I have kept a bottle in my car for years now. Well, not the same bottle, but a bottle nonetheless.
Tip 2: Pool Bag Organization
It seems like every time I get to the pool, which we frequent often, the things my kids need to get their hands on have migrated to the bottom of the bag. Which means, lots of small hands throwing towels, cover ups, etc. all over the pool deck. Usually the nice, clean towels end up in a pile of water.
I found these mesh bags in the dollar bin of Target. I have put all the sunscreen in one bag, the goggles in another and a whole mesh bag for swim diaper, wipes and regular diapers. I also have another bag to put my keys/wallet/brush in (not pictured). I pack these on top so that the kids and I can easily find the most frequently used items. Added bonus, the towels don't get thrown into water.
In addition, I found these cute small pool bags in the same dollar bin. Each kid received one. It is packed down with all of his/her pool toys. The kids are responsible for carrying their own toys into the pool and responsible for making sure the toys get back in the bag and home. My kids love it!
Tip 3: Chicken Tacos (my go to recipe: quick, easy and good)
12 chicken tenders
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. veggie oil
Combine spices and oil in a bowl.
Rub evenly over both sides of the chicken.
Grill over medium heat for 6-8 minutes.
Brush corn tortillas with oil and heat over the grill.
Serve chicken with avocado and salsa on corn tortillas.
Cheese, optional.
I also serve the chicken on baked potatoes, on salads, etc.
Works for Me!




3 comments:
I just went shopping yesterday looking for ALL mesh bags for the pool to no avail! I will be visiting Target today! Thanks so much!
What a great idea! I need to get my kids their own bags...well, they kind of have one bag for all of them but it's not working!
This Houston weather is KILLING me! And my electric bill! A more gradual warm up would've been nice. I'm trying to find good recipes that don't involve the oven to avoid heating the house up even more. Your recipe looks great!
Sharon - I got tired of them fighting over the bags and of throwing everything out of it. It has been a life saver. Plus, it is teaching some responsibility.
The heat is killing me too!
Post a Comment