Catching up on the events of January and February.
I finally got a picture of Micahela and her first friend, Will Robinson. His mom, Melinda, and I shared the joys of pregnancy together, along with Heather Thompson who had twin boys shortly after Will was born. Michaela is one month older than the three boys. She was the sole girl born amongst a whole host of boys this fall. Either she will have her choice of ones to date or a whole army of young men to protect her. I am opting for the latter.
At the end of January, I ran the Houston Half Marathon for Living Waters. After the race, Jamison's sister, Neta, her husband, Jonathan, and her baby, Jonah came over to meet the kids. Here's the best shot we could get of the four cousins:
February brought many, many changes in our house. All of which let me know that my babies are indeed growing up. For starters, J found Hope in the hallway after a nap one day saying, "Daddy, I got myself out all by myself." We did the obligatory, "That's great," but really we were thinking, "Oh no, that's one more that can come down and wake us up in the middle of the night." She can't stay little forever, so we'll be transitioning her out of the crib to a big girl soon.
Michaela started solid foods that same weekend. She loves all of them. We have great eaters. She even lapped up the lima beans.
The big kids couldn't be left out of pictures of their dinner:
That same weekend, Grayson asked us to take the training wheels off of his bike. He hasn't mastered it yet, but we are working on it.
Then there was the great snow that never happened.....on the coldest day of the year, we stayed inside and made homemade Valentines for our family. Hope wanted to do it in her bathing suit and her princess bow. She is all things pink and princess. Didn't she realize that the temperature was in the 20s?? That night Grayson asked for ice cream. BRRR.
Friday night, February 11th, the school had it's annual dessert with dad. The kids had a great time having ice cream with Jamison. I enjoyed some time home with Michaela and got some much needed cleaning done.






No comments:
Post a Comment