We had the privilege of being the holy family for two performances of the Kids Crazy Christmas Show. I'll post a picture soon, I'm just too tired to do so now. I told our director of nursery that if they got in a bind that we only lived 5 minutes away and could quickly pop over for any of the other performances. Well, that bind came tonight at 7:30. We had a heads up, had a sitter lined up and then Grayson got sick. Not to worry, they would find a stand in Joseph for me.
Jamison was a little concerned that another man would be playing his part in the story, someone who didn't father baby "Jesus." oh Scandal 1 -- Jesus was played by a GIRL. I simply replied that Joseph wasn't Jesus' biological/real father, just a stand in so it would be ok....
But as I stood up there tonight with a man who was not my husband, with a daughter who had on bunny feet under the swaddling clothes, I thought this is a scandal. After all, isn't that what we celebrate at Christmas, a first class scandal? It's a virgin birth by an unwed mother, to THE KING OF KINGS lying in a lowly manger instead of in a palace? It was scandalous...and so centuries later we celebrate that scandal. I celebrate the scandal that I was a part of tonight.
Glory to God who loved us enough to send His one and only son at Christmas.
Prime Purchases
5 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment