Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Tour of Homes 2010

I LOVE Christmas. I would have decorated MORE but I am out of steam. Three kids under the age of 4 will do that to you, especially since one of them is only 4 months old. Plus, being in a new house this year meant extra time seeing where everything would fit. The kids also accounts for the quick snapshots of our house.

Welcome to the Smith's. You can't see it in the picture, but the tree by the door says, "Merry Christmas. From: The Smith's." The garland will get ornaments and more fluff next year or shortly after Christmas. It lights up and looks great at night.

Mom and I got crafty and made a new wreath for my door. I LOVE it!

As you enter you will see our entry hall table.
Our Kitchen looks like a peppermint exploded on it. Here is the corner by our phone with picture frames that we made for gifts last year. Aren't the kids cute?

The real reason for the season!
The corner over my sink. The card is from my 4 year old son - so sweet.
and then there is our list for Santa and a jar to fill with yummy cookies for him. Which, I got a fabulous recipe for chocolate peppermint cookies today. I'll post it later. YUM! Notice how mom wants Sleep for Christmas.

Our breakfast table....the advent calendar is in the corner (it is actually a Jesse tree. It traces the lineage of Christ, starting with Adam. We are on Ruth). The Christmas story is read every morning. Love that I am mixing that with my cute, vinyl Santa placemats.

Here is my dining room table. The angels were my grandmothers. By the time I got here, I was tired....so the tree didn't go up, but the village did (a new addition this year - given to me by my mom).


The family room....
Love the idea by my mom - to spell SMITH with our stocking holders. The S blends in. The mantle lights and looks great! Next year a wreath will be added.

Merry Christmas!
Linking to:

5 comments:

star said...

I adore your village! I put part of mine on our buffet too! You tree is amazing! Meery Christmas!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Very pretty! I love your Christmas wreath!

Joyce said...

Visiting from Kellys...I love your decorations...especially the wreath. My goal next year is to make my own. I need to start in August instead of December I think!

Wendy said...

Looks great!!! I love all of your decorations.

The Chaddrick Family said...

Everything looks great! You had some great ideas and all work well in the new house!