Monday, December 13, 2010

WFMW: Wrapping Christmas

I don't know if WFMW is going on this week - I'll check tomorrow. However, even if it isn't, I, for once, have something that works for me. So, I am participating, even if I am the only one!

Mom had gift tags made for me at Sams. Each one had a picture of our child on it. Hang with me here, b/c if you are like me, you are probably wondering what in the world? She had a great thought process and I love them! She reminded me that my children can not read. Well, my 4 year old can recognize his name, but nonetheless, he is not reading. So, she said to put a tag on each of their presents with his/her picture on it. Then on Christmas morning they can find his/her own presents by looking for his/her picture. Cool!

She also had some made that has a picture of my older two children on it. Not my favorite picture, but I used these tags for their "joint" teachers at school - music/movement teacher, Spanish teacher, etc. They only see these teachers once a week and my guess is, they go at different times so the teacher probably has not connected them as siblings. Maybe she has and is better than I am. Anyway, easy to put a name and face together with who brought the present.

The other thing I did this year was I bought several different wrapping papers in red and green. I have heard of people wrapping each child's present in a different paper and I did a variation on that. All of my children got the cute Snoopy paper. Obviously, this is one of Hope's gifts.

My friends' presents are wrapped in lime green polka dot.
My extended family is red/white polka dot - I haven't wrapped them yet.
The kids' friends are in snowmen paper.
Rumor has it that Santa has his own paper as well. Bet it has Santa and Reindeer on it!

The thought being that when I need to grab a present to take to one of Grayson's friends, I only have to sort through the packages in snowmen paper or when looking for a family member's present, I look for red/white, etc. Cuts down on the frustration of looking at every gift tag.

Works for me!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

love the picture tag idea! will have to file that away for later!

The Mom said...

Those are the cutest Christmas outfits I have seen in a long time! Love the picture tag idea. It makes me a little sad because mine are all big enough to read. I (sometimes) miss the younger stage. Merry Christmas

groovie mom said...

I do something similar when wrapping. I use one paper for all of may family and another for Hubby's family. Makes it much easier to separate the gifts when we travel for Christmas.