Many moons ago, when I was single, I was part of a wonderful Bible study. Each week we met, we had a prayer time beforehand. We had a specific way in which we prayed: we praised God for who He was, we thanked Him for what He had done and we petitioned Him for our needs.
If you are anything like me, I settle into my ways. I would find myself week to week praising God for the same attributes. You are holy, holy, holy. Sometimes that is a good thing, if that is how the Lord is revealing Himself to you week after week. Other times, it is complacency to find a new attribute of the Lord from Scripture.
Since we were meeting for roughly 26 weeks, a friend of mine and I took the challenge to pray through the alphabet with God's attributes. I can't tell you how fun it was to learn something new and to start prayer with praise. What a way to get focused. (Psalms is a great place to find attributes)
Can you come up with an attribute for each letter?
Here are a few of mine.....
A: Abba, Able, Anchor, Ancient of Days, Architect, Atones my Sins, Author of Life
B: Banner, Beginning and End, Blessed, Bright and Morning star, Burden Bearer
C: Captain of the Hosts, Caring, Cornerstone, Consuming fire, Counselor, Covenant Keeper, Creator
D: Defender, Deliverer, Dependable, Directs, Dwelling Place
E: El-Elyon; El-Olam; El-Shaddai, Emmanuel, Enthroned, Eternal, Everlasting Father, Ever Present
F: Faithful, Father, Flawless; Forgives; Fortress; Fulfills His Purposes
G: Gardener; Gate; Gentle; Glorious; God of all Comfort; God of all Grace; Great; Guide
H: Hope; Healer; Helper; Holy; Hiding Place
I: Instructs
J: Judge; Jehovah; Jealous; Just
K: Kind; King of Kings; Knowing
L: Lamp; Leader; Life; Light; Love; Living
M: Magnificent; Majestic; Maker; Marvelous; Master; Mediator; Merciful; Mighty; Most High
N: Name above All Names; None Like You; Near to Us
O: Omega; Omniscient; Omnipotent; Omnipresent; Orderly; Overseer
P: Patient; Peace; Perfect; Personal; Physician; Portion; Potter; Powerful; Praiseworthy; Preserver; Priceless;
Promise Keeper; Protector; Provider; Purifiier
Q: Quiets you with His Love
R: Radiant; Reconciles; Redeemer; Refiner; Reliable; Rescuer; Restorer; Resurrection; Righteous; Rock;
Ruler
S: Satisfies us; Slow to Anger; Superior; Sun and Shield; Strong Tower;
T: Teacher; Tender; Tower of Refuge; Truth
U: Unchanging; Understanding; Unfailing Love; Upholds Us
V: Victorious; Vindicator; Vinedresser
W: Warrior; Watcher; Wise; Wonderful; Worthy
X:
Y: Yahweh
Z: Zealous
S: Sanctifies; Savior; Seals us; Self-Sufficient; Servant; Shadow; Shelter; Shepherd; Shield; Slow to Anger;
Sovereign Steadfast; Strong Tower; Sufficient; Sun and Shield; Superior; Sustainer
Prime Purchases
5 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment