Monday, December 7, 2009

Everything you always wanted to know about our Christmas...



** but didn't care enough to ask


I LOVE Christmas! Thanks to Missy for asking me to play along. There is not a more wonderful time of the year! I would listen to Christmas music all year long. Jamison laughed at me at church b/c I told him I was about to explode due to all the Christmas music, not to mention that they were singing all of my favorite songs! Christmas makes me happy.



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? If I have to choose, hot chocolate, however, if you truly know me, my drink of choice despite time of day/year is diet coke, preferably from sonic.


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa and Mrs. Clause are debating this. Mrs. Clause says unwrapped....


3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white. I am very sad by the lack of lights up at our house. I would make it look like the Griswold house if I could. For now I am settling for some simple lights. Maybe next year...


4. Do you hang mistletoe? Missy's answer: I have 2 children born approximately 9 months after Christmas. Ya think?....My answer: My anniversary is 1 month before Christmas and I have 2 children born approximately the same time as Missy's - do I really need mistletoe?


5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving. This year, I was able to sneak them in the weekend before since we were leaving town. The kids have loved the tree and we turn it on every morning. It's been a glorious couple of weeks.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Mom's Sweet Bread traditionally eaten on Christmas morning. I could eat a whole loaf myself. Hence, why I gained weight before I ever had my first appointment with either kid!


7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Watching Christmas Vacation with my brothers; also, the church I grew up in had a candlelight service at 11 pm that lasted one hour. It ended at midnight with everyone lighting their candle and going outside to the courtyard singing Silent Night. What a way to usher in Christmas Day. It still gives me chills.


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Christmas Eve when I was 8ish - my grandmother slipped about a present for my brother in front of me. I still haven't gotten over the shock.


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Growing up, we got to open one.


10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Bows and ornaments


11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it!


12. Can you ice skate? I doubt it.


13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I have 2: Christmas 2005 I found out I was pregnant with Grayson! Christmas 2007 I found out I was pregnant with Hope. We announced Hope's pregnancy at our annual Christmas party! We were a little more cautious with Grayson since he was our first.


14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? JESUS CAME


15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? a bite of whatever J is having (the calories don't count that way)


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? putting up the decorations!


17. What tops your tree? A Star - new this year; Grayson will tell you that the star led the wise men to Baby Jesus. We have a book called the Adventures in Christmas! It's great!


18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving.


19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? All of them. If I was pressed to pick a few, I love Hark the Herald (great theology) and for the soul in me, Jesus, Oh What a Wonderful Child.


20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yuck


21 Favorite Christmas Show? Seriously, just one?! I love them all. The most meaningful one to me is White Christmas. it's my Papaw's favorite so I watch it every year.


22. Saddest Christmas Song? Christmas Shoes. Especially now that I have kids, I cry every time.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I love your list, especially the mistletoe! :) And what great Christmas gifts to find out you were expecting.

I might snag this list for my blog. Hope you are doing well. I am still recovering from Disney.