We are That Family hosts Works for Me Wed. All too often, I don't have anything to contribute, but I love to read the ideas. Here is it what is working for my household on this Wed. We have recently started potty training (it's about time). So, I loaded up my son and headed to the store to get some treats. He picked gummy worms, gummy bears, jelly beans and some truck stickers. I overlooked the amount of sugar on account that he is almost three and I am tired of diapers.
The problem: he wanted to get fistfulls of candy after each success....So, I felt like I was saying, "good job" on one hand and "Only take x amount of candy" on the other. Positive and Negative...
The solution: the plastic Easter eggs that have overtaken my house. I filled each one with the correct amount of a treat and he gets to pick ONE after each successful trip to the potty. Sometimes it's 1 gummy worm, sometimes 5 jelly beans or a sticker. He loves getting to pick his colored egg.
It now has the eggs contained and I am giving only positive remarks during the training time. WORKS FOR ME!
Prime Purchases
5 days ago



1 comment:
Very cool idea! Cooper has been playing with his plastic eggs daily since Easter. I just hope he'll still be interested enough when it's potty training time to try this idea! (And that my feeble brain will remember it!)
Post a Comment