Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Beautiful Weather and Fun Days

The last few days have been absolutely gorgeous. I wish it were like this more often. Sunny skies, low humidity, warm, but not too hot. The kids and I have been outside enjoying this rare treat. Yesterday, Grayson and I drew a railroad track on the driveway and spent the majority of the day chasing each other around it pretending to be good trains and bad trains. Here is Grayson on the track this morning before we headed out to the zoo. It was the first thing he wanted to do was go be a train.



Not only did we act like a train, but the first order of business was to ride on the train down at Hermann Park. Of course while the train was circling the park we saw the Metro rail to which Grayson announced that he wanted on the "metro train." I quickly signed Jamison up for that future outing. Gman talked about it all the way home..."daddy's going to take me on the metro train." I am sure there will be paybacks for that one!

This was Hope's first outing to both the zoo and the train. Mom, who thought she was on her A game today, left her diaper bag at home. So....Hope got to wear Grayson's diapers.

We then spent a solid hour or so playing in the water fountains in the children's zoo. I'm not sure why I paid for zoo admission when we have a sprinkler at home. They had a blast though. Mom mistake #2: I did make it to the zoo with extra clothes for Grayson, however, they were in the car. So, Grayson had to borrow a pull up from Marshall and then ride across the zoo in pull up and crocs since his clothes were soaked and there were no more spare diapers (remember, Hope was using them!)

We came home to be a train, AGAIN! This time on his tricycle.



The day ended with my favorite quote from today, "Mommy, she (Hope) got wet." Hmmm...wonder how that happened...







1 comment:

Tanya said...

Looks like a fun day! Just had to laugh...reminded me of a day we had at the zoo after Jack was potty trained-- http://txtanya.blogspot.com/2006/09/lesson-in-overconfidence-and-planning.html