I am so excited; I have been waiting for this Friday faves! I love hymns. I love the depth with which they were written; I love the theology (yes, I said the "t" word) that they communicate, I love that I can sing them and not just be repeating myself, I love that if I focus in on the words of them that I am singing about what Christ did for me, not what I might try to do for him (b/c my efforts are futile at best). Yes, I love (we love) hymns in this house. There's just not enough room to list all of my favorites!
All time favorite: Great is Thy Faithfulness - it was sung at our wedding and I plan on having it sung at my funeral. There is not a time when the Lord has not been or will not be faithful. He is faithful!
To say I love Christmas would be an understatement (see here for my husband's commentary on my love for Christmas). I listen to Christmas music alot. Our favorite Christmas hymn: Hark the Herald Angels Sing. It's awesome, I tell you, awesome. What joy it brings my heart to hear Grayson sing "God and sinners reconciled." Yes, we have started teaching him hymns and he can sing them better than I can. In fact he corrected me just the other day on the second verse of another fave, O Worship the King.
Modern Hymn - you can't beat In Christ Alone!
Other faves: The Old Ruggeed Cross, Redeemed, Christ the Lord is Risen Today (Easter is not complete without it), Amazing Grace, Oh for a Thousand Tonges to Sing, How Firm a Foundation, To God Be the Glory and Holy, Holy, Holy.
Join in with Missy at It's Almost Naptime!
Prime Purchases
5 days ago



3 comments:
Oh, I love Hark the Herald Angels Sing, also. I actually have my Third Day Christmas CD in my car CD changer right now--this isn't too early for a little Christmas music, is it?? :-)
We have the same taste in hymns, sister.
This is a great list... you have reminded me of so many, I feel like I have to go back and add more. How could I have forgotten Amazing Grace? ?? I sing that to my daughter every night.
Post a Comment