Thursday, January 8, 2009
Out of the Hand of Grayson
Around Thanksgiving time we inherited my grandfather's dog, Prissy. The dog and I are going round and round. Seems she wants to act like a two year old... not be fully "potty trained" and she definitely does NOT want to obey. Hmmm....is this a reflection of my parenting skills? One of the rules that I set up when she came to live with us was that we would NOT feed her table food. Now I grew up with dogs and everyone of them got table scraps. I know, it's terrible. However, feeding them table scraps leads to a very annoying thing in my book - begging at the table. In an effort to keep Prissy from begging, I have been diligent about trying to keep my 2 year old from feeding her. WELL....yesterday I dropped an animal cracker on the phone, which either I or Grayson proceeded to step on. While I was trying to reach the dust buster, Prissy of course licked it off the floor and about a 5 foot radius on either side of the floor ---- ewww the germs she spread. I shrugged my shoulders since I can't exactly correct myself and decided to let it go. Grayson on the other hand, walked up to me, "hit" (more like a gentle pat - again indicative of my spankings to him?) and said, "Don't feed dog, mommy. Get spanking!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Ha! I'd say your parenting skills are great! He definitely understands the rule and the consequences...he just doesn't get that HE'S not the parent! :)
But do you let Prissy clean up the high chair with her germy tongue? Because i was always jealous of my friends with dogs for that reason and that reason alone.
PS I'm STILL waitin to see Hope in one of Maggie & Eva Rose's old outfits...
Post a Comment